We Have Both Agreed to a Divorce and Live in Massachusetts. My Spouse Wants to Relocate with Our Children After the Divorce to Her Home State of Florida. Can She Move?

Relocating children out of state is a very difficult situation. Either both spouses must agree to the relocation, or permission must be obtained from the court. The Court will examine what is the real advantage for the children in relocating out of state. Each case often has it’s own unique set of facts and circumstances. Utilizing a skilled and knowledgeable mediator to assist both of you in working out a comprehensive parenting plan is always better than leaving decisions up to a judge.